Friday 23 August 2013

Jacqueline Winters Interview




On the eve of Elsecar we have an interview with Jacqueline Winters, the lady behind the "Messages from Mother Earth" cards.  Jacqueline will be doing a crystal workshop on sunday, a big thank you to her for taking the time to answer our questions and giving us an insight into her work.

1 - To start with could you tell us a bit about yourself.
Hi my name is Jacqueline Winters and I am totally in love with crystals!!!!   They really changed and improved my life, physically, mentally and emotionally and are still opening my mind and awareness to new levels of consciousness, even now, after listening to them educate me for over 30 years. 
When I was in my early 20s I developed a severe case of Asthma, and had a few intense experiences where I was rushed into hospital via ambulance with flashing lights and a siren no less !! I was very frightened and was prescribed strong drugs which gave me the shakes and seemed to make things worse, for me.
Someone offered me a crystal (blue lace agate ) and said it would make me better and at that time I would have tried absolutely anything. So I gave it a go and I actually started to feel better very quickly. I decided to go on a course to learn more about crystals and to see whether or not the crystal had helped me or if in fact it was the placebo effect. That was the start of my journey into the world of crystals.
Working with crystals has softened my inner voice,, I was exceptionally hard on myself and had created an image of who I wanted to be instead of allowing myself to be the perfect person that I was.. I felt so passionate about the recognition of energy that I had developed and the understanding of subliminal messages that I was receiving that I wanted to share the knowledge with everyone and so decided to have a go at writing a Therapist Diploma.. Being a Leo it is natural for me to want to to share but what wasn't so natural was my belief in my ability to do it, So I stepped out of my comfort zone and began writing
2 - Can you tell us the inspiration behind the cards.
In 2004 I opened the British Academy of Crystal healing,which was accredited by the FHT. This was my first major achievement and it felt so damn  good knowing that I had written it and it could help so many people.
I carried on writing and developed the ability to channel and trust the information that was coming through me. Not long after opening the Academy I felt the urge to express what the crystals were saying to me and was drawn to creating a set of divination cards To my absolute amazement some of the Messages from Mother Earth information came through in rhyme and coincidentally they were;launched on the 5th September 2011, my mums birthday ,The intention during creation was to capture the essence of the crystal in the card through colour and words so that anyone new to crystals could sense the energy of the crystal from the card until they had acquired the actual stone.
The feedback from students and sensitive people is that we did in fact manage to do this. I am sure we had a lot of help from the crystal kingdom.!!
3 - Are these cards good for people who want to use crystals but don't know where to start?

Absolutely, they have a  picture of the crystal for easy identification, information on the energy of the crystal and a rhyme for students to help them remember the  effect they have. There is also a card with details on how to use and suggested layouts to use with the cards.
4 - What kind of techniques have you devised to use the cards?

The techniques that are offered are to enhance the chakra system, unblock any imbalance within  the meridian lines through the fingers and to effect an even distribution of energy throughout the body. There is also  information on how to use the cards to enhance meditation. Of course all these techniques can be done with the real crystals as well once they have been purchased.
5 - Which writer/thinker has influenced you the most?

I like Melody " Love is in the Earth" but there are many good books written on crystals..
6 - What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?

I have been given lots of good advice but I suppose the best has to be "follow your own truth, the answer is always inside YOU "

7 -Would you name 6 “Desert Island” books or films (ones you would like if you were stranded on a desert island - for young ones who don’t know about Desert Island discs!)

I like "A weekend at Bernies" dvd this film makes me howl laughing a great energy raising film, "dirty dancing" I am a romantic at heart, Avatar....... love it., Books would be The Celestine Prophecy,, Starbrow and Star warrior by Tim Ray have to be my favourites,

No comments:

Post a Comment